Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that you have 2 supercharged Z4s. hahaha
Neither can anyone at work. It's like my defining feature. "Two identical cars, like a Russian Tsar"...

Apparently you need three to qualify as a connoisseur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Definitely price was the determining factor for me.
Along with the fact I could not get any response from anyone up here in Canada on the ESS kit.

I did get surprisingly good response via email on the after sales service from VF.

As Josh said you do need to back track quite often during the installation and be prepared to buy a few more bits as well as modify some of the plumbing as it is not a plug and play kit, but the results are very satisfying

Dave
I also got a great response from the sales department at VF, even before they had released a kit. I expressed my interest, and they responded within 24 hours... every time. This led me to believe that tech support would be the same, but it's not. In their defense, tech support did send me a very long and detailed email discussing potential causes for my early issues, but only after I complained on the forums. I was able to use that email to figure things out, and I really wish some of that info had been included in the kit's instructions.

When you're a company dealing with someone thousands of miles away, trying to install one of your kits for the first time, who is not a mechanic, and who has run into issues... I can't see it as an easy job to diagnose what the customer messed up, remotely. However, the instructions could have been a lot better and more thorough, or at least have tech support respond in a timely manner. I don't go away... I just get more obnoxious in my attempts to get an answer.

Dave - which exhaust setup are you considering? The Magnaflows?

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0