View Single Post
      06-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaZZZZman View Post
I too want to get new rotors and pads ( not big brake kit ) for my Zed and wanted drilled rotors as most of the better high performance vehicles have them and keeping with my rule of only doing mods that are true improvements I wanted to get higher performance brakes. I wanted to get a set of brembo rotors and pads. I called The Tire Rack and they said they do not carry rear rotors only front ones. I went to the brembo web site and sure enough they do not make rear rotors for my 2004 Z4 2.5i.

Now knowing that I can not have brembo all the way around, I have a couple of questions for the smart guys and gals out there. 1. Can I put brembos on the front and some other brand on the rear? 2. There are some drilled rotors and pads offered on eBay. Anyone have experience with any of them and is Muhsyn Motorsport in Salt Lake City any good if you have had experience with them? They are big on eBay.

I was looking at R1 Concepts but they do not appear to be on eBay any longer and I have read some bad reports about them rusting and other problems in regard to support and quality.

Does anyone know where I can get a good set of rotors for about the same price as brembo?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Yeah. Your local BMW dealership. Rotors for your car should run no more than $50 ea.

By the way, "drilled" rotors are a significant performance DOWNGRADE from solid rotors.
Appreciate 0