View Single Post
      02-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #16
JeffchaPz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Isn't it true that if he mods section 1 and puts the O2 after the cat that he can then skip on the tune and run the car without errors and be 100% smog compliant? This is useful if he or any future owner has to pass smog and/or doesn't want to run a tune. I thought I read that even with the tune it may not be smog compliant if the rear sensors aren't after a cat.

I don't see possible future O2 sensor failure being that likely to happen and if they do the difference in the two repairs being that big of a deal.

-------------------------------------

I'm 99% sure that what you mentioned is correct. However, if you are not planning to get a tune then why bother replacing the headers and extending the O2s to the back etc etc. At that point, spend a bit more and get the extra few ponies from a tune. A tune is not going to make a huge impact on torque or HP, but you should get an extra 10 or 20 hp depending on the rest of your exhaust system. If you want serious power - then save your $$ and probably look at american muscle cars. I got to the point where I just can't spend any more money to make the car faster without making it stupid loud or getting all technical with a SC kit... no matter how much HP you have under the hood, sooner or later you are going to feel or think - that is not fast enough. Enjoy the car for what it is.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0