08-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #23
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
atm, waiting on bmw of san antonio to agree to a fix under warranty, though what i'd really be happy with is if advantage bmw in houston (where i bought cpo-ed) would agree to pay for a respray AND i can have it done locally.

met a friendly mechanic who owns his own transmission shop near lake amistad and he recommended a local bodyshop affiliated with brown automotive (GM + nissan) in del rio. he'd helped me with my cdv swap and is also mechanically certifying my car for the h2r track day, and is lending me his expensive helmet and radar detector for the trip (i've actually just ordered a valentine one for myself since they seem to hold exceptional resale value anyway).

what minor work does ur bumper require? i'm presuming it'll be a respray since reflector delete via molding would require a full respray + blend.

oh, if anyone's interested in coming down to the h2r track next saturday to check things out and back a fellow bmw up, that'd be great! I AM STILL ALONE, and in the novice group with SEVEN camaro SSes! i found their thread on camaro5 forums.
just rock rash on the lower parts of the bumper, couple big rock chips, a couple of clips on the insde that hold the grills in place are missing and a ding in the middle of them, below the roundel that's chipping and looks like it's starting to crack out. once i can't live with it any longer i'm going to get a new one, whether OEM or not haven't decided. we'll see what i can afford at that time.