View Single Post
      03-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
11fbwd
Also likes: Volvos
Rep
Drives: 06 3.0si + Aerodynamic kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdog View Post
My use will be similar to yours, less track ( AutoX and Spirited Summer Sunny Driving)
I just put new Bridgestone RE-11's on my New Apex ARC-8's
I have yet to put them to the test as I am in Michigan and weather has not permitted. I saw this summary elsewhere and thought it was a good summary for considering RE-11 vs PSS:

- Both are very grippy tires. PSS is better in the wet and RE-11's better on dry pavement.

- RE-11 is louder under load than PSS.

- RE-11 is gripper than PSS under load and heat.

- RE-11 has better steering response. (It's grip, duh!)

- PSS has better tread wear for DD.

- PSS will not last as long under track use

I chose not to go with the New Bridgestone RE-71's as many here suggested, as they are more a track oriented tire, louder, faster ware with more grip. The RE-11's have been around a long time and always get good reviews both autoX/Track and street use.

I know everyone here loves the PSS. Each person has to balance their priorities. I thought the RE-11's fit my balance as my Z4MR is not a DD.

Here is the Tire Rack review of the Hankook R-S3
http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/docs-a...-to-the-street

Good Luck!
I'm also in MI, and today was the first day I brought the Z out in almost a month! Your input is appreciated as I am also now torn between the RE-11 and PSS. It's not a daily driver for me either, but aside from a few auto-x days and maybe a day or two at Waterford this is just a spirited warm weather toy for me too.
Appreciate 0