View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
elwesso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

He's right.. I watched an episode of Top Gear last night and they were mentioning how the C5 still had leaf springs/solid rear axle. They couldn't get over that fact, despite the fact that it's still extremely fast. It's kind of the same thing, sometimes you have to really dig to find things to mask reality.

A C6 Z06 will blow the doors off a Z4 M coupe, although it will demand a bit more money than a Z4 M will.. Seems like a C6 Z06 would get about 10k more right now than a Z4 M of the same year. After all, it does have almost 200HP more and weighs about the same (actually a little less).. Despite all this, the 3.2L in the M coupe gets the same gas mileage as the 7.0L in the Z06, LOL!

That said, I rode in a C6 one time and I don't think I could live with the car.. This one had a t-tops and those stupid things would squeak and rattle over ANY imperfection on the road. The interior was fairly lackluster, and everything about a corvette just screams "midlife crisis" to me...

Go figure, but I owned a 05 CTS-V before my M coupe, and I even drove an 07 M5 before getting my M coupe, and I much preferred the overall feel of the CTS-V over the M5, even despite having 100HP less and 2 years older. The M5 didn't feel 100HP faster to me, probably because the CTS-V had all of its power instantly, even though the M5 was still faster overall.
Appreciate 0