View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #38
kklin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtMc View Post
yeah agree on all of this. Its great fun (only done it once) and great skill building, and a great way to kill a set of tires on the last leg.

Glad to hear it on the extra sets. I have 8 extra tires in the garage, and the wife hates it....
My wife counted 23 or 24 tires not on cars at one time (she included spares in her count). We are currently down to 13 (an Apex wheel met an autocross curb this weekend otherwise it would be 14).

My tires are stacked out of the way in the two corners of the garage's back walls. During the summer mornings when the doors open, wayward birds will occasionally fly in and most of the time fly out. A few times they've hit the back wall, flutter along until they hit the side wall and then fall. Guess where? Right in the corner behind 8 beefy mounted tires.

The first time this occurred, I was home and saw what happened and unstacked tires until the bird could fly out. Well this happened two more times (even after my young son at the time had hung hawk silouhettes in our garage) when I wasn't around, so my wife was compelled to unstack tires.

I now put a piece of cardboard on top of the stacks so no birds fall behind or into the tire stacks.
Appreciate 0