View Single Post
      08-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #1206
fullmetaljacket
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 e85

Not another new Z4 owner! :-)

Hi guys! I'm going to be a 2004 2.5 Z4 soft top convertible owner very soon (just finalizing documents and all). I trading my 1998 CLK 230 KOMPRESSOR after a number of years enjoying the coupe. This incoming Z4 is my very first convertible car but my 2nd bimmer. I used to own a 2002 BMW X5 Diesel and loved it 'til I traded up to an 04 Cayenne Turbo. You can say that I'm basically trading up to faster cars :-)

Any 'tips' or 'things to watch out for' advises will be greatly appreciated.

My first projects on the Z (other than the regular wear and tear and engine, under chasis, sooling system, a/c, etc. maintenance stuffs) would probably be...
1. New rims and tires (looking at 19" or 20" M6 design with 40 or 35 series tires).
2. Installing DICE (taken out from my X5) for an initial iPod integration OR get a new DENSION GWP1BM4.
3. Installing Paddle Shifters from http://www.mrpaddleshift.com
4. Cosmetics: Change the wood paneling on the dash to either brushed aluminum or carbon fiber.

I've been going through the forums and it seems that there is a lot of meat in the discussion as well as enthusiasm from members. It's nice to be here. Thanks to this wonderful site. Cheers!
Appreciate 0