View Single Post
      04-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #27
Ryan13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, Z4MR, M3, E36, M2, 535

This is absolutely perfect timing. Been working on selecting an upgrade for a couple of weeks now. I’ve been running on the H&R Street for the last 3 years, but I think I’ve reached the potential limit. We’ve dialed in so much camber (-3.9 front and -2.8 rear) to compensate for tire wear on the outside 25%, that I need an upgrade now. The H&R served me well during the learning phase...I did 37 days in 2016, 34 days in 2017, and I’ve put 11 days in so far this year. Time to upgrade.

So the choices have come down to MCS, Clubsports, and Ohlins. Yes, I know the Ohlins do not fit, but we are looking at changing front end to E46 if we go that route. The clubsports and the MCS seem to be similar pricing (comparing MSC 2-way without remote).

So on to the question. I spoke with MCS today about springs. Trevor thinks 700f with 750r should be a good match (this car sees no street time unless driving to local tracks). I’m not a suspension engineer, and some of seems like voodoo magic anyhow. But I thought I would ask if anyone is running springs that high and what the handling is like.
Appreciate 0