07-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #13
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan13 View Post
I snapped off the flaps and have not looked back. I presume at 145mph, there must be some cooling effect, but perhaps that's all in my head. It certainly didn't help the Hawk HPS pads I cooked within the first hour this past weekend. I know they are street...$170 for all four corners was worth a try. Picked up PF08s today.

Maybe if the car could get to 200mph, there would be some aerodynamics at play. At 145mph for 3-4 seconds, I can't see how there could be any negative effects.

For a potential positive. There were some spectators in the tower a couple of weeks ago. The rain was coming down so hard, we had to run with lights on, wipers full blast, and take some turns on the rain line. The guys in the tower came up to me in the paddock and asked if I was running any kind of special tire...said no, just PSS like most everyone else. They said it looked like a cloud when I went by, especially out the front wheel wells and a rooster tail out the back. One guy took a picture that I'm still trying to get. So...maybe the extra air flow helps with some water displacement.
The ducts don't provide any cooling.
They are intended to pressurize the wheel well to help with aero dynamics down the side of the car.
The flaps were added purely for cosmetic purpose to help limit the amount of dirt and muck thrown off the wheels from getting in there.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0