View Single Post
      09-13-2017, 12:25 AM   #37
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen View Post
Haha. I?m done with the word CUSTOM. So tired.
Isn?t those spoilers means to create less drag more than reducing lift?
As I understand it (what little bit of aerodynamics I do understand), it decreases the turbulence behind the leading edge of the trunk, thus reducing a high pressure area behind the car that produce lift. It doesn't decrease drag as much as redirect the flow of air and pushes the spot that the separated airstream rejoins further behind the back of the car. The difference between a spoiler and a wing, is a wing will create physical downforce at the expense of drag, while a spoiler can't create physical downforce, but can reduce lift without additional drag.

I don't think our car suffers from lift much at speed. This will mostly be cosmetic IMO. And for that purpose along it is damn good looking and quite worth it in my opinion. That side profile milamookie posted is quite wood inducing. I'm sure Senator Ted Cruz would like it on Twitter too.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 1
AriuSen776.50