View Single Post
      08-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #11
rmousir
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
I'm no stranger to a manual transmission. And since my car is an auto with paddles (as a compromise to the missus), I can tell you that the paddles shifters on the E85/E86 are anything but slow. In fact, I'd wager that they are just as fast or perhaps faster than a manual transmission.

Does that mean that manual transmission fans would want one? Of course not. But as far as automatics go, its quite a good one and its never detracted from my enjoyment of the car. And you know what they say - happy wife - happy life!
I concur with this statement. the paddles are excellent and I would challenge the performance statement that the manual is faster. I do believe the manual gives a great feel but in the end I'd have to say the paddles are as fast or faster when racing a clock... a computer is just faster than a human shifting. in addition all the very high end cars are all going to paddle shift. Lambos, Jags, Ferrari, etc.. Even the high end BMWs are going there.

I started my search for a manual and surprisingly and happily ended up with a auto/paddle sport shifting system.
Appreciate 0