View Single Post
      11-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #38
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
yesssss..... now were talking!!! S-pipe, Race cats, Xpipe and Sport rear mufflers!!! i think this will be just slightly quieter than the RPI's, hell it may even be on parr in terms of loudness BUT.... i think we'll loose the horrific drone and more to the point, i hope to be able to hear my motor again, i rally want to hear the s54/supercharger doing its thing!!!! its a win win for sure!!
Yes Sir, I am excited to get this stuff on the car for testing again. I am about 99% done collecting the test data with the OEM exhaust. Just have to run a couple of videos and then it is on to the DKF system.

If the system works as designed, the drone will be greatly reduced and possibly eliminated. If this is the case, then would be able to run a system just as loud as our RPI's but without the head pounding effects of the drone. All the raw motor sport burbles and pops during deceleration and down shifting, the same primal growl at WOT, and none of the headache. Win, Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
You do amazing work! Thank you. This is what I expect to see from vendors that want to sell their parts, especially if they make any specific claims about hp gains and weight reductions.
Thank you, this has become a hobby for me. I really injoy getting down the bottom line with real data on "upgrades"

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post

I've been trying to avoid this thread, because I know where it leads.
awesome work Chris!

I wish we had something this detailed for us NA guys.
lol, thank you Ian

I will pass that along to DKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Awesome Thread! So much win in here.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
FWIW, here are the results of my OEM exhaust weight. Not a digital scale but was consistent with our digital one until it broke.

Muffler (x2): 22lbs
Good info, I will add the OEM stuff to the weight section soon.
Thanks for adding it in

Update Post #2:
-100 cell race cats
-New section added for DKF Hangers
-New section added for DKF adaptor and connecting elements for OEM interface

Update Post #4: Weights for 100 cell cats and new Hangers added

Name:  Hang2.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  223.0 KBName:  Rcat2.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  234.4 KBName:  Adptr1.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  252.1 KBName:  RaceToOEX1.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  243.4 KB

Last edited by crfine88; 11-27-2011 at 01:17 AM..
Appreciate 0