View Single Post
      07-19-2023, 06:56 AM   #2468
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandry View Post
I just bought a 2008 Z4 3.0si, silver gray convertable (roadster?) with black leather interior. As it had been parked in a yard for awhile, I put it in the shop for repair/replacement of several items - then I've been detailing the interior and exterior for the past two weeks. I've connected my Apple iPhone 12 to the radio sound system via bluetooth and plugged in my phone's music apps via hardwire under the dash). Can iTunes and Pandora play over the car's bluetooth system as well? I tried to post a picture to this thread, but no luck as of yet (too big) - perhaps in the photo contest. I look forward to getting good information from you all as I continue with this project - it's always been my dream to own a car like this!
Congratulations! 3.0si is a really fantastic drivetrain. More horsepower than the Z3M that came before it (except the very rare S54 cars) and much more modern suspension. Special cars.

The factory bluetooth is old tech without enough bandwidth to handle music streaming. It's good for phone only. I used (and still use in other cars) a Tunai Firefly to connect my phone to the car's audio system via bluetooth. Clean look, simple to install assuming you have an audio jack under the dash, decent quality sound.
Appreciate 0