View Single Post
      04-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #9
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
I can certainly do that. The car is at the shop for some upgrades (more boost, water/meth injection, tune), so it will be a couple of weeks.
Do you know if this is a 240mm clutch setup?
So basically an e46 330i post 2003 6 speed setup?
The z4 3.0i has the same flywheel, but a 228mm clutch.

I may want to do a precaution upgrade. I don't have clutch slippeage, but when shifting, the initial clamping force of the clutch is not like an instant blow. I have the cdv removed, but I want the clutch to grab even more aggressively. Not in 1st or 2nd (I don't want a ceramic race clutch or so), but more in 3rd and up in the high torque band.

But I don't know if I could live with the clutch chatter etc. So I have to decide to take a single flywheel or not.
I don't know the state of my current flywheel. afaik you can't resurface dual mass.
The clutch will probably be sachs performance (but I'm not sure about that either)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0