Thread: Leak in Trunk
View Single Post
      11-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
smidley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 M5

Unhappy Leak in Trunk

I live in Oregon where it rains ALL THE TIME. I have some sort of leak that's causing my trunk to collect a small pool of water. This is extremely bad since the battery / amp and whatnot are located in the trunk. I have no idea how the water is getting in the trunk. I've checked the trunk lid seal and it seems to be in great condition. No noticable wear on it at all. I also checked the metal of the trunk lid where the seal connects and I don't see anything wrong there either. The water is pooling up on the right side of the trunk (if you're standing behind the car looking into the trunk). It seems to all be going into that little indentation pocket area on the right side. I've taken the carpet out to see if I can see anything wrong underneath, but I was unable to find anything noticeably wrong.

Has anyone else experienced a leak like this? Or does anyone know what else I should check? I really don't want to take it into the stealership for something like this since I'm out of warranty and they'll probably charge me an arm and a leg. Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0