View Single Post
      05-18-2017, 08:23 PM   #11
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
Friend built an ST3 car with TC Design Motorsports in Northern California and he competes in BMWCCA regularly - I believe images are still up on the shops fbook page (or inquiry).

Car is fully stripped.
Competes in and being competitive are two very different things. If one thinks that they just want to race and don't care about being competitive, than you can build for any class. Strip the car, cage it, and run it in Mod or GTS....but, within a season, you'll be singing a different tune.

Unless you have tight competition, you won't get the full benefit and enjoyment out of racing. You'll find "someone" to race from another class, but this is really not much different than what you can do in a DE or track day. You'll be jealous of those guys in IP that have a packed field and lots of competition. The camaraderie they have in the paddock.

I really don't mean to rain on your parade, but I've seen this played out many times over the 5 years I raced in IP. Someone wants to "run what they brung" and then gets disappointed that they don't have the right car. Ironically, the car this is most found in is with the E46 M3. Lots of them running any given DE weekend (since they made 85,000 of them). But, no place to race in BMW club unless you pony up for a Mod/GTS build because no one is racing H Sport or Prepared. The E86M is in G which is even more vacant (hell, I didn't even know there was a G class until I just looked it up in the rules book).
Appreciate 0