06-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #12
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbanick View Post
Any clearance issue with door card or tranny tunnel?
So interestingly enough, even though that is the most common advice, I forgot to take that into consideration so it currently rubs with the door car but I definitely can move it over to the right (and will do so late this evening, I was just so tired after the install last night). I have 2 holes available on the floor mounts to go further right although I'm not sure if I can actually use the furthest one out due to the receptacle.

One thing that particularly made the install difficult is because I wasn't using the slider, I didn't have much clearance underneath the seat. Therefore, I had to install the sidemount & receptacle onto the floor mount first, and THEN drop in the seat, tighten from both sides (2nd person helps in this case). The alternative would be to install the sidemount & receptacle onto the seat, and then bolt it down on the floor mounts. However with no slider, I could barely fit the hex key underneath the seat, let alone my hands. Looking back, I think running the slider would've been better, and positioning the seat at the lowest setting. I just heard from more than few people that installing the slider makes things more difficult b/c it typically makes contact with the tranny tunnel and what not.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 06-22-2012 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 0