View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #46
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I owned a series of "sporty" Japanese cars starting with a new 1974 Toyota Celica GT which is the first car that I autocrossed. I've been in love with sports cars since I was a kid building model sports cars in the early 60's. Unfortunately, I had bad experiences with previous used cars so reliability became a key concern and my practical side has apparently always won out over my emotional side when it came to cars. I almost bought a new Fiat 124 Spyder, then convinced myself that the 124 Coupe had the same performance but was more practical, then thought about the Fiat maintenance reputation and bought the Celica instead.

Other Japanese sporty cars included a 1984 Prelude, a 1988 Prelude, and a 1996 Integra GS-R. All of my Japanese sporty cars were been modded with larger wheels/tires, intake and exhaust systems, and aftermarket shocks and springs. I considered the last-gen Mazda RX-7 but it had a horrible repair record and I ended up with the Integra instead.

My 2000 S2000 was my first real sports car and the combination of performance and probable Honda reliability won me over. I put on larger wheels/tires, an aftermarket exhaust, and a larger front sway bar, only what was permitted to be legal for the SCCA A Stock autocross class. I later added a K&N FIPK intake system. I had that car for 13 years and said many, many times that I'd never sell that car but then I fell in love with the Z4 M Roadster and bought mine in July. It now has a Stromung exhaust.

My current plan is to do European Delivery on an M4 in either 2015 or 2016. I hope to still keep the Z4 M!

Appreciate 0