View Single Post
      12-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharper View Post
That's what I have come to understand about the CCV. I'm also a little concerned that it can cause the valve cover to leak if it is clogged or otherwise malfunctioning. Is that a rational line of thought? I've seen some videos of a replacement, and yeah, it looks like a real PITA.

Is the Dr.Vanos worth it in terms of swapping out the unit vs. replacing the seals? Did you have any issues with sending the core back and getting reimbursed for the core charge?

Again, thanks in advance for your input!
Yes, if the CCV system is not working 100% it can find weak spots to evacuate pressure.
I weighed both options of replacing the seals against the cost of a fully refurbed unit. The possibility of not installing the seals properly and the fact I had never worked on a BMW before and it was a no brainer for me.

Do you have a milky residue under your oil cap?
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0