Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.0si View Post
reasons:

1) my driveway and several roads i cross daily already threaten the front cover. i can alter my route to and from work, but the driveway is unavoidable. so... eibachs it is.

2) the drop on the eibachs for cars w/ ZSP is 15mm up front and 8mm in rear. since my z is running 18's, these measurements were critical to get the fender gap nice and symetrical. basically, i wanted a drop that puts the center of the wheel as close to the center of fender arc as possible. imo, the H&R's with 18's make the wheels look very small, so are much better suited to 19's. so... eibachs it is.

3) many reports on this forum, and others like it, claim that the severe drop of the H&R's shortens the life of the oem shocks. my z only has 24k mi on it, and at this point, i'm not in the mood to throw $$$ on shocks/coilovers for my daily driver that i'm not tracking. hopefully, someday i'll get to track her, but in the near future it's not going to happen. so... eibachs it is.

4) the specs of the front wheels, coupled with the plan to go to a 235/40 tread, would mean a pretty serious neg camber angle in front. i'm looking to keep these tires on for more than 10k mi, and -2* camber isn't conducive to achieving that goal. so... eibachs it is.

all in all, for my specific situation, the H&R's never stood a chance against the eibach. but there are some super sexy cars here on zpost lowered on the H&R's, and you should certainly do your own comparison to make sure they are, or aren't, the springs for you.
Thanks for the detailed explanation! Sounds like I will get the Eibach springs also. I'm going with 18" rims with 235 in the front and 265 in the rear and the Eibachs sound like the perfect match.
Appreciate 0