View Single Post
      12-19-2015, 01:30 AM   #18
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

I was thinking about this ESS - Gpower comparison again knowing that sometimes i do like to have a little bit more torque in the midrange

However i think that ESS provides a very nice solution due to the following:
* less stress on the engine anywhere below 6K
* great power when downshifting and using the right gear when you need it (drag, drift, competition)
* Vortech is easily rebuildable and more reliable (self contained oil)
* Upgradable power

This makes the ESS kit look pretty nice knowing that when doing some exhaust upgrades, half of your torque issues are somewhat resolved.
Apart from the fact that people who rely on mid range torque are just lazy not to downshift and get real power from the vortech.
Downshifting in an ESS car gives you this feeling of satanism that pokey was refers exist with the Gpower
The gears are close ratio and from 2nd gear on you can spend all your time above 5.5K-6K

from 3rd and on the car will drop to 5.8K then 6.4K then 6.6K

These are my dyno numbers after the euro headers and decat Spipe.
[/URL]

You need to look at the MAX eng power and torque.
The torque reading is 374 ft.lbs knowing that the dyno reads the torque value high, you can safely assume that it's definitely 340 ft.lbs
As for the horsepower, the dyno was calibrated with some bench testing to provide accurate value and it's putting out 502hp exactly like what ESS provides with the VT2-500 kit.

I'd love to see the dyno run of the ESS kit after your exhaust mods as my car felt alot more powerful after the euro headers and decat.
Appreciate 0