04-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
ZedFourM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC - Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl1pt View Post
The only time I wish I had walnut trim, lol. Curious, are u painting it or keeping it walnut?
Haha, what, do you have the AL or the lighter wood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve335 View Post
I'm down to swap with you! I just picked up my z4mr two weeks ago and I don't really like the wood trim I have. I was about to take them apart and get them wrapped in carbon anyway. Where r u located? I'm in the orange county area. Hope ur not too far away!
As much as I'd like to save some trim from getting carbon-wrapped, I'm working a deal with another member via PM -- will let you know if it doesn't work out for some reason. Sorry! (I'm about as far away as you can get and still be in the US, btw).

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Before getting the M I was sure I wanted carbon leather instead of walnut. But now that I've lived with the walnut for a little while, it's really grown on me.

Good luck! I'm sure someone will trade you
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
^^ +1 The walnut does grow on you. I didn't care for wood in a "hard core" sports car, but now I can't imagine having a completely black interior. Still, I think the walnut would have looked better on a lighter interior. Good luck w/ your trade.
Thanks! I'm a longtime woodworker (typing on the cherrywood desk I made myself ten years ago, in fact), so wood has always mattered to me. I was looking for one of the 13 ILB/LS/WM cars, but jumped on one of the 19 ILB/LS/CL cars when it came up, but still feel a twinge when I see the W/M trim on another's car. No more! Haha, this forum is great!
Appreciate 0