01-30-2016, 05:48 AM   #57
Bossdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Bossdog,

Glad to hear you finally got the track mode enabled. I enabled mine back in 2014 and have been enjoying this extra mode ever since. The car should have come from the factory this way. I was amazed at the difference it made as an in between mode. Some people feel they don't need this mode and just turn all everything off, but this mode can really save you, especially until you get to know the track/road grip conditions. I'm curious what you think about it once you autocross. It might be too intrusive on really sharp turns.
I'm not tracking right now due to some health issues, but previously I have tracked a 2012 Boss and a track prepared STi, both had mildly intrusive stability packages which were very nice for me as a 2 or 3 time a year tracker. Turning off everything is not the best idea for me. I enjoy myself more and push a bit harder when i know I have something to pull my butt out of a tight spot! When I was a young man my ego would have turned off everything, as someone who now has a few grey hairs, I'm glad to let the electronics watch my back!
Appreciate 0