View Single Post
      01-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #55
Bossdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR Imola Red

Being interested in activating this for Auto X, I poked around the edges of the coding process and decided it was not something i wanted to attempt. I contacted a business specializing in BMW coding. For $115, all the needed software is emailed to you. I down loaded all the files, the next day the coder contacted me via "go-to-meeting". While on the phone I took my laptop to my car and connected the OBDII >> USB cable he sent me to my laptop.
Start to finish was 40 min, about half that time he was just organizing all the files I down loaded, the other 20 min coding. We tested all the changes while he was still on the phone.

HERE is the cable you need for $20 shipped. Or, the coder will send you a cable, $40 deposit, you pay to send it back to him and the $40 is refunded.

I understand some want to learn this, others find it easy. I felt it was $115 well spent. I have enough aggravation in my life and adding BMW coding to that list was not of interest to me. He codded a few other convenience items as well, he had a menu of items to pick from, all for the $115.

So, if you are interested in coding but not doing it yourself, don't hesitate burning the $115. I don't know how this site feels about posting vendors in threads, so I have not. But, if any of you would like to know who I used, PM me, I'm glad to share that information.

I am very much looking forward to testing/comparing the DTC mode to full off as I Auto X this spring!
Appreciate 0