View Single Post
      10-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
PrinceMiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4 3.0i

Window air leak/improper alignment

I did some research and saw that some people had similar, but not the same, problems as I do. I recently replaced the passenger side window regulator. Ever since, the alignment on my window has been off when fully raised. I also have an air leak somewhere.

I'll start with the alignment. The sticker on the window (one of those stickers that's on the window when you buy the car) used to fully show when the window was fully raised. After I changed the regulator, however, part of the sticker is still inside the door in the fully raised position. When you look at the window from the outside though, nothing seems off. The window looks like it's fully up and against the rubber seal. Any idea how I can fix this? I've read about the adjustment screw accessible from the bottom of the door, but this seems to tilt the window towards/away from the seal. It doesn't address alignment of the window towards the front/rear of the car.

The air leak is self explanatory. I think I begin to hear it at about 25-35 mph. If I pull the window up a little by hand though, the sound is gone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I've already tried the different reinitialization processes.

Last edited by PrinceMiro; 10-08-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0