Thread: End Links?
View Single Post
      01-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

In this movie they put them on:

For the normal z4 they are not included, but it uses a completely different strut obviously, strangely with linear springs unlike the z4m V3 kit which comes with progressive springs (z4m clubsport comes with linear springs though).

I had to adjust mine because I use a M3 anti-rollbar (and that may be the reason)

You can test it:
When you jack up the car, the front wheels are in full droop.
When they are in full droop, the end links may never push the anti-rollbar against the lower suspension arm (otherwise it can damage the shock when for example you hit a pothole or on the downslope of a speedbump).
So if the antirollbar hits the lower suspension arm in full droop you have to shorten the end link.

With the progressive springs you should be able to get a reasonable comfy ride. If it's too bouncy just dial back the compression stroke (and rebound accordingly)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-25-2015 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 0