Thread: San Angelo
View Single Post
      08-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #26
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

clay bar is just that, a piece of moldable automotive clay. spray a small patch with something slippery, preferably clay specific lubricant, and use little to no force rubbing back and forth. once the piece of clay glides glass smooth, all the impurities are out. u'll be amazed how much smoother ur finish feels after a simple claying. once a month is already pretty excessive but the pinnacle one i got is meant specifically for these kinds of frequent, light applications. i clay before waxing just so i don't apply a new coat of wax atop an older coat which contains impurities, thus trapping even more impurities. over a long period of time, these could build up as very fine specks and slight discoloration.

phoenix is pretty far to travel just to get reflector delete. i've full faith after speaking with the body shop boss here and he's done up an enormous number of cars, including tons of brand new camaros he says always come in cos 'some teenagers just don't know where to draw the line'. the facilities are pretty extensive and he has two enclosed paint rooms, and confidently guaranteed me paint match, minimal orange peel, perfect work and will redo everything if i am not satisfied. now that's a pretty sweet deal.

still working on getting either advantage bmw or bmw of san antonio to address my front bumper, but hopefully i can get the work done 3rd party and have bmw pay for it under warranty.

edit: haven't had much residue with sonax, just rinse thoroughly? granted i use it fortnightly and sparingly each time, so my wheels aren't dripping with the stuff. it's powerful enough as is and i just simply use a wheel brush to agitate lightly.
Appreciate 0