View Single Post
      09-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #31
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Oh and a follow up, BMW cams are not of a "different construction" compared to other cams. If you believe so, I'd like you to source where you found that information.
I did not write that bmw cams are of a different construction, I wrote that the N52 cams are of different constructon. Apparently reading is not your strong point.
The n52 cam consists of some kind of steel blow mold (or flow formed) inner core that clamps outer cam lobes.
Show me another cam that is made that way. Do you know how a 'normal' cam is made? Oh no wait, any in depth technical question I asked, you werent able to answer (or understand...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post

What, do you have a monopoly on metallurgy, do you have a masters in mechanical engineering and utilize engine modeling software as your day job? No? Probably time to sit down, shut up and let people do their job.
Yes I'm an industrial engineer who has a company in surface technology, and have a lot of customers who come to me with problems on nitrided products. This falls well within in my expertise.
Even the occasional cam (not tiny car cams but rather large Wärtsila cams etc)
So maybe I shouldn't shut up? Maybe me telling you about the case depth of the nitriding process should have given you clues?
Or maybe you were too stupid to pick up on those clues...that would be in line with the rest of what you wrote...

3002 tii
Now you can post that pic
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-07-2015 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0