07-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #77
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
Hey nekky, post up your issues , so many knowledgable people here, lots of us s/c'd too... We've all gone through the issues... Maybe we can help????
I appreciate that, Beedub!

I'll post a couple things, but first I want to make it absolutely clear that the seller, rabbit69, was completely honest about everything and is a stand up dude. I genuinely believe that he was not aware as to the severity of what is wrong with the car presently.

I'll keep it short and sweet: backed out + broken cam bolts. VANOS is getting a complete rebuild with every upgraded part from Beisan Systems. Also will be receiving a valve adjustment, fresh oil change, tranny fluid change (notchier than my 07 MC), all gaskets replaced, etc.

We drove (my buddy and I) 30 hours from Montreal to Toronto/Detroit to Chicago to Minneapolis and back across the border to Winnipeg, with broken cam bolts.

I'm just glad we made it back unscathed. To be honest, the car was very good aside from sounding like a diesel at idle sometimes

I got a great deal on the car from a great seller, and I'm not too bent out of shape about the whole thing. I'm just glad nothing else got effed up.

As I said earlier, I'll report back when it's all done!

I'm really hoping that fixing the VANOS issues will help the car to run better, bog less, make more boost, etc.

Regards,
Zac
Appreciate 0