07-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #14
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MC, M5, 540iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
How bout a lightweight trunk and F/R diffusers?
-I'm already in talks about the effectiveness of a real rear diffuser, maybe even an adjustable one. First I need to see if it can be done while keeping the stock exhaust location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post
i'd be intereted in a carbon fibre front grill too
-You mean the grill insert or the grill trim? Or the whole thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyZ View Post
just brainstorming here but:
how about carbon fibre roll hoop covers for the roadies?
-That's a really good idea! Would looks especially hot on Sapphire Black MRs! Are those hoops the same on non-Ms too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
I'd like to see a vorsteiner style carbon fiber hood.

No one makes CF hoods for our cars!
-Because there's no good weight savings. Our hoods are already aluminum, and at best we'd lose 10lbs going to CF. Non-Ms might save more, if they have steel hoods. But I agree that the looks are what would sell it. They would retail for about $2500 (maybe less, depending on material cost fluctuations), and then would still need paint and mounting. So figure somewhere between $3000 and $3500 for the whole thing to be finished. That's a good chunk of cash.

I was kicking around an idea of making just CF GTR vents that could be mounted to the stock aluminum hood by cutting holes in it (a template would have to be supplied) and then attaching the GTR vents. But I'm not sure if that could be done without it looking clunky. It would certainly cut costs for the whole project considerably!