08-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #156
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyo View Post
At the shop getting it installed, will lose all adjustability without widening the holes. Placed a call to RE and spoke with them; they are aware of the issue but are offering no resolutions. Pretty much stated that no 2 cars are the same and the chassis will flex overtime once out of the factory. Recommended PAL's method for installation.

Since I do not track and don't plan on getting camber plates, the shop (RRT) is going to dremel out the holes a bit to retain adjustability.

Not what I had in mind when I 1st purchased this but I'm set on getting this installed on my car.

Future buyers be aware of all the potential issues!
Thank you for giving them a call and for the update. I doubt I will call since it's unlikely to get a better result and just put them more on the defensive. I don't have an issue per se with needing to customize the install a bit, or use the "Pal Method" for install. I simply wish I'd known that up front and was prepared for the install--expectations properly set wouldn't have left me with a lot of initial frustration.

I'm going to try and balance my initial frustration and a more involved install with the fact that they are one of the few companies that have made the effort to create something for the Z4, and Z4M. I commend their willingness to take up this project a unique product, and deliver something functional and rather innovative (firewall tabs, which address a known Z4M weakness). "Try" being the key word here, because I'm still frustrated and disappointed.

Pyo, I'm looking forward to seeing shots of your custom install. I assume the shop is going to Dremel out slots that mirror those on the shock tower? That would seem to be the way to approach it for those who do not have or want to add camber plates.

Beedub--good idea re: the OEM piece. Let us know how that goes.

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-14-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0