12-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #20
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
DISCLAIMER : Don't tell I'm anal. I know I am

I don't have the answers YET but let's make this thread definitive and opinion-free. This thread is only for the Z4 M because the offsets are not the same (at least on the front).

Let's stick to verifiable facts about wheel dimensions and offsets. I did a bunch of research and even created a little wheel-and-offset calculator in Excel that you can download to contribute to this thread. In it, the variable numbers are in BLUE and the delta values are in RED. The EXT and INT columns are (in millimeters) the External and Internal distance between the wheel hub's face to the edge of the rim.

The reason why I'm doing this is because I want to get two sets of wheels, 19"ers staggered for summer and 18"ers identical for winter and keep the original wheels for the track.

I don't want to roll any part of my fenders, nor do I want any rubbing.

Original Z4 18" wheel sets don't seem to have the proper offset to fit correctly.

I would also prefer not to have to use any spacers, especially on the front, while keeping the track with the winter set even or marginally wider in the back.

our original wheels are the following size
F 18 x 8 ET42
R 18 x 9 ET30

The original E46 M3 CSL wheels fit really tight with the following specs:
F 19 x 8.5 ET44
R 19 x 9.5 ET27

I spoke with TC Kline about it and he reckons that the following specs will fit under the stock bodywork:
R 9 ET40, 35 and 28
R 9.5 ET25

-----------------------

Those of you who have aftermarket wheels, please post the specs that you have and comment on the fit. Let's make this thread a useful resource. As you add to it, I will maintain this first post so that the information is easily found.

-----------------------

Cheers,
Olivier
06-07 mz4 oem wheel weight....
what is the exact weight for front and rear oem wheels??

thanks
racerbruce
Appreciate 0