View Single Post
      03-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #4
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Hello all. I've got a square setup of 245/40/18 winter tires, and a set of stock sport package non-M wheels (8" front, 8.5" rear). I can get a set of stock M wheels, and there's an EC-7 group buy going on. I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount up these winter tires.

Ideally I'd like a setup that works with a non-M, and I can add spacers to run it on an M.

Option 1 - mount onto my stock non-M wheels: 18x8ET47 and 18x8.5ET50. These would require huge spacers if I were to put them on an M, and one M has 75mm studs in the rear (limiting spacers to 12mm). I'm concerned about rubbing and bowing of the tire (245 is right around the max width for an 8" wheel).

Option 2 - purchase a used set of M wheels: 8" front, 9" rear. The offsets would be better, but again 8" is a very narrow wheel for 245 width tires.

Option 3 - get in on the EC-7 group buy with square 8.5" wheels. The offsets and performance will be ideal, the wheels are new, and I can select a color that hides brake dust. Obviously this is the most expensive option.

Thoughts?
I'm running 255/35 x 18 front and 275/35 x 18 rear on non-M sport package wheels (8" front, 8.5" rear) with no real issues. I'm seeing some shoulder wear on the outside front, but I'd attribute that more to a lot of autocross on concrete than the slight pinch fit of the tires.....