View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
dschultz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Same...

When I got my Z4MC I also experienced back pain. First time was when I was bringing it home from Reno (4 hour drive). Since then I've experienced it from time to time. I'm 51 so perhaps it's not entirely unexpected, but this is the first car I've ever driven where I get any back pain. I think part of it may be the stiff suspension since I seem to notice it most on rough roads. (Hwy 280 near de anza/stevens creek is like driving on a friggin' washboard, and @ 80mph it is a literal pain). I seem to have short legs/tall body syndrome. I put the seat to its lowest position and slide it forward until I can push the clutch in all the way without having to stretch my foot (much). I also have a the seat bottom cushion extended and tilted slightly back to support my thighs. Seat back is at a comfortable angle, not vertical, not way back. Because I sit so far forward I actually use memory position 1 as the "enter/exit" position and memory position 3 as the "driving" position. If I didn't move the seat back it would take some Gumby moves to extricate myself from the car. The back pain seems to have faded for the most part. Perhaps I'm just getting used to it.
Appreciate 0