View Single Post
      02-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #27
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

OK so update here. They took the car on Friday around 2:30pm. It took a while for the guy to get it on the flatbed because, although it's stock height, it still is pretty low. He had to use wood as ramps.

I got to the dealer maybe 45 minutes later with traffic and the SA was really nice. He didn't know if they had an M technician when I asked but he said he thought the shop foreman was going to be working on the car (not sure if this is true or he just said it to appease me but w/e). He spent a lot of time with me even though his phone kept going off and he had to squeeze me in that afternoon without an appointment. He even mentioned that my warranty was expiring in ~7 months and wanted to know if they should check for any leaks or other items while the car was in so of course I agreed. I also asked if there was a way they could check to see if the valve adjustment was done, other than from the computer. I explained how the last place I went to was supposed to do it in the Inspection II but I doubted they actually completed it since I had such a bad experience with them and they only had my car for less than a day.

So dropped it off and got my loaner car. I wasn't expecting much since the last two I got at the other place were both bare bones 328 sedans but I was wrong...

That's right, it's a 135i convertible! Complete with Premium package, M Sport package, Navigation, Heated Seats, and even Comfort Access. I didn't have the top up once the whole weekend. I never had driven a convertible before or even been in one except once so it was a lot of fun. Automatic sucks but it is great for the crappy commute I have. It actually took me nearly three hours to get home on Friday because I left at 4:15 and got home at 7pm.

So they called me on Saturday and wanted to confirm what I said had happened and then told me that they had nothing...so they're going to keep looking around I guess. He said he would call me back Tuesday...I'm not sure why today..I think maybe he isn't in today or something. Hopefully they can figure it out but at least I'm not stuck with a crap loaner. My only gripe so far is with the iDrive...it's such a pain. I was fighting with the radio presets this morning and apparently the ones I thought I had stored previously weren't stored because I didn't do it right and then I was struggling to get my iPhone cable into the USB slot and ended up breaking it LOL. Oh well.

Appreciate 0