07-22-2016, 01:15 AM   #20
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Still you dont know anything. material? thicknes? etc etc.
All you know and see is some dodgy pic and apparantly you can create a dynamic force model and flow model from that.
What do the sharp edges do in this case?
I also see sharp edges in the transition from the box to the itb runners in your example.

Having a sharp edge somewhere in the corner doesnt automatically mean lesser flow. For that we have CFD.

All you can conclude is that the volume of the plenum in the ebay box is bigger, and thats a good thing as it ensures less pressure drop when a cylinder opens. Thats the primary function of the plenum. Rule of thump the ratio has to be 1,5 or bigger. The ebay box probably has that with ease, your first example... not so sure. Do you know what plenum ratio that has?
Now you're just being a donkey for the sake of having an argument. The Ebay plenum looks like a hack job and the first plenum I posted a picture of was to show how a nice plenum looks like. Don't talk about material thickness or the volume as we can't possibly know judging from a picture. All we know is that the Ebay one looks like shit and has big flat surfaces which aren't ideal if you wanna run high boost, big enough? No doubt.

Similar design/size as the one I posted first, runs 750 hp on pump fuel:
Appreciate 0