Private
Rep
Drives: 650i, Alpina Roadster S

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
Looking good, femme.

Can the stock seat belts not be used with the Recaros?
The stock seat belts can be used, but the may be uncomfortable in your neck areay. We thought four points would be nice, we didn't know in how much trouble we would get to fit the Schroth seat belts. Using the stock seat belts is more sensible (at least it will be way less expensive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Z4 View Post
I have a question for Femme:

My question is how the seating position compares to stock. I assume there is no height adjustment. How can you know before buying the seats whether you will be able to see properly? I am 5'7", and I am not sure if these seats will fit properly.
My car is still not finished so I haven't been able to drive in the car with the seats installed.

There are three slots for height adjustment on the Recaro sidemounts. In the middle position the seating position is already lower then with the stock sport seats in their lowest position. It's perfect for my length (189cm / 6'2"). The are coverings you can use to increase a seating position.

Quote:
What about comfort? This is my only car, so I want to be able to fit in the seats comfortably in the winter with a coat on. I'm about 170 lbs (geez...this is starting to sound like a personals ad).
I find the seats very comfortable to just sit in. I don't know how they will work for long distance trips on bumpy roads. Getting into and out of the car is harder with the Recaro seats.

Quote:
Do you miss having the rake adjustment to recline the seats?
I think the adjustment through the three slots on the front and back side of the seat is good enough.

Quote:
Also, can the seat heaters be used with this seat?
The seats are currently at a leather retrim shop. They will also fit seat heating elements. We ordered seating heating pads for the stock Z4 sports seats.

Here are the updated pics. The car is currently being prepared for a repaint in a dark grey Lamborghini colour. The Voltphreaks battery has been fitted and the car has been driven for the first time to check for issues with the suspension. Some adjustments have to be made to the front springs and the stabilizer links. I am still waiting for the seats to return from retrimming.

We have also installed two orange coloured LEDs behind the roll bars to lighten up the top, but I forgot to take a picture of it . I hope it will nicely complement the LEDs in the door handles.
Appreciate 0