View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

KW V3's

While I was satisfied with the performance of my GC track school kit, the coil chatter got the best of me. Before I had installed the GC kit, there were no noises, clanks, or chatter of any kind. The coil chatter was minimal and had no affect on the performance of the M, but I would not be satisfied until I had absolutely no noise coming from my suspension. Looking back a pair of assistor springs in the rear may have gotten rid of this noise.

After researching several posts, looking up technical data on various manufacturers’ websites, and speaking with technical support for each manufacturer, I decided to go with KW.

The reason’s I chose KW:

1. Warranty / KW offers a lifetime warranty on their KW V3’s. To me, that shows a great deal of confidence in their product.

2. Components / KW’s kits are 100% KW built; whereas, others group parts from different manufacturers to complete their kits.

3. R&D / Continuous engineering, and track testing with the ability to make all improvements in house.

4. The 750 ESS powered M coupe / I figured that if KW is good enough for the M coupe that is spending its life on The Ring with the sole purpose of breaking records, then it should be just fine for my coupe.

I was going to purchase my kit from www.**********s.com because they had offered the best price. I ended up picking up a used kit from a forum member. Good timing and the kit came with original packaging, manuals, adjustment tools, and KW stickers.

Installation:
Flawless! Each component fit like OEM. Here is a link to the installation guide:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369000

Performance:
Once I had dialed in the dampening, bump, and ride height, the kit performed very well. Here is a link to the setup guide:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368994

The M was very confident in the turns with this kit, but a little less quick into the turns than the GC kit. When compared to the GC kit, I did compromise a bit of performance for more comfort and better fitment. When compared to the stock suspension, the KWV3’s out perform in every category.

The KW V3’s are the only kit that greatly improved handling and performance without any compromise to ride comfort. The parts fit like OEM, and the kit makes not rattle, chatter, or any noise (if you have run other kits, you know what I mean). You can easily dial in the dampening, bump, and ride height for street use or a track day.

If you spend as much or more time on public roads as you do on the track; this is the best way to go in my opinion. The KW V3’s were the fourth suspension set-up I used on the coupe and were by far the best quality and most versatile.
Attached Images

Last edited by crfine88; 06-30-2010 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
Vanne1620.50