View Single Post
      06-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #48
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammered View Post
I am very interested in this exhaust ! Have been waiting to pull the trigger on an exhaust for 2 months... THat being said, if the race is definetly a muffler bypass it better be less than a grand because my local shop said they could fab me up tips and pipes that delete the muffler cans for less than $400....I WANT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
We arent competing with local muffler shops. They dont r&d exhausts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2peed View Post
PRICE????!!!!!!!!
Price is to be determined after Laidback gets off his lazy ass and comes back for more testing.

Guys, I am NOT going ahead with this project until Laidback comes back for more dyno testing. The entire project is at a stand still and I cant/wont take the next step until I can see dyno proven results on a consistant basis. We arent like some other companies who will prototype something and pull numbers our of our @sses. So, I've been asking Chris to come back and dyno before I do anything else. Maybe you guys can help me pressure him.

Here is the testing/prototype procedure. Understanding this will give you guys an idea when the exhaust might be ready.

stage 1: prototype exhaust for fitment and performance

stage 2: dyno

depending on the outcome of stage 2, we move on to stage 3

stage 3: prototype for sound and pricing

stage 4: dyno

stage 5: 500-1000 miles on the car

stage 6: dyno

stage 7: jig is made from prototype

stage 8: first production piece is made from original jig, then test fitted to ensure fitment accuracy.

stage 9: production 4-6 weeks

We are at stage 2 right now. Its a waste of time and money for us to make something that doesnt work so I need to make sure we dyno the car again before taking the next step. In the end, Im NEVER going to put the RPi name on a product that doesnt work.
Appreciate 0