View Single Post
      08-07-2014, 01:19 AM   #7
jmilt13
Private
Rep
Drives: 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Ok, I finagled it on.. not the easiest.

Had to put a bushing on the upper pin, slide clutch actuator into slot of pedal, then kind of spin/twist the upper part of the pedal onto the pin. Would have never gone on any other way. The power steering unit is definitely in the way for us non-M. My pedal also looks different from say the one on "BillsWebSpace". I also had to move the magnetic clutch switch a bit to retain my clutch stop. The stock clutch stop did work unaltered, but then another 1" would be added to the throw.

The pedal also sits maybe 1/4" deeper than the brake pedal, and feels much more comfortable.

The stock pedal spring is a bit too large in diameter, it gets squished between the pedal and the power steering unit. But only stops about 1/16-1/8" of pedal recoil when clutch is disengaged.

Wow does it feel good though.. along with ZHP knob, driving is a bit more like I expected it. I do feel like I have to relearn out to drive it.

PS. Watch out for stock shift knobs epoxied on... almost tore a muscle trying to pull it off.
Appreciate 0