03-24-2014, 01:16 AM   #28
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorguy74 View Post
Did them yesterday. About an hour per side taking your time. Haven't been able to adjust yet, but I'm sure once I do they'll be great. Overall, 4 beer job start to finish. Pretty quick if you have the deep sockets as the nuts stay inside as you finish unscrewing and holding a downward angle on the socket.

One issue - started the whole process by dropping a shorty into the abyss. Yes, lost a short 7mm socket inside the passenger light. Could not see, find or retrieve it for that matter. Suckola. Don't know to the OP would have found a small nut! Used an American standard deep socket in place of as my local auto store didn't have a 7mm deep. Get the deep socket and save yourself the hassle.
We also lost a nut inside and couldn't not find it. We ended up pulling the headlight out completely to retrieve it (meant removing the bumper, disconnecting the headlight washers, plugging the washer fluid hose). Once it was off, we still needed a magnet to grab it.

Once we had the bumper off anyway, we pulled the 2nd headlight and did the rest on the bench. That single nut really increased the length of the job.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0