View Single Post
      01-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #13
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Even in 100 degree south Mississippi heat, I was experiencing significant wheelspin. I am fully aware that summer tires lose grip in cold temps. I'm interested in finding out if there are other factors at play here, especially considering my mileage. Yes, the car is supercharged, but I don't think I should be having traction issues at 4000 rpm in 2nd gear in the summer heat. With winter here, it's worse, but it's not a new issue. I remember test driving an M coupe back in 2007, and I was surprised at how much straight line grip it had, even on a damp road.

As far as the diff fluid is concerned, I don't think I was clear. I was talking about the OS Giken diff, which requires more frequent fluid changes than the OEM diff, and supposedly uses a different fluid. It's all forum talk, and I haven't confirmed anything with the manufacturer. I do appreciate the info though, especially regarding the additive increasing lock.
What I'm still trying to tell you is that PSS tires really aren't that good. People think they are amazing, because they don't know better and that is all that they have used.

To comment on @ZStig post above, I ran my RS3s at 27 pounds in the front and around 29 pound hot in the rear while autocrossing. Granted, I'm stock power but launching at 2.5k leaves a couple skips and then instant grip
Appreciate 0