07-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #64
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
[...] they kinda make a constant rattle noise but its faint enough to not really hear it with the hood down, some are noiseyier than others, if you youtube noisey vortech v3, you'll get loads of clips of the noises were talking about :-)

when does your new crank pulley come in???

thank god the car is back at the tuners, they and ess will hook you up :-) cant wait for you to get this shitty ordeal sorted like now!!!!
Beedub, does your rattle noise get a little bit louder when you're engaging the clutch in first? Mine is noticeable at idle and the car sounds a bit more like a diesel when engaging due to it increasing a bit, but of course it quickly disappears at anything close to a normal driving RPM. I am certainly not lugging the engine, but I think the additional load on it exacerbates the phenomenon I described above which I suspect is responsible for the idle rattle. If that is correct then it is normal operation.

Crank pulley was overnighted yesterday or the day before and was supposed to arrive by 10AM at the tuner's place today. So, I am supposed to have the car back TODAY! The shop did quote me $300, so I'm not sure how that will work out, but I don't mind paying for it now under the assumption that ESS intends to reimburse me (that was my implicit understanding).
Appreciate 0