View Single Post
      07-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #49
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Great news: Roman has worked some magic and gotten me in with Chris at HG Motorworks in La Jolla, who seems just as eager to help. He will have the new pulley tomorrow, and will be able to take the car either tomorrow or the next day! That should solve the majority of my issues, and then there will be just the BPV to worry about--but I can certainly live with that until I get home to NorCal.

I'm second-guessing my choice to go with the BPV; if it needs to be replaced, maybe I should in fact go with the BOV as I was thinking about initially. I certainly haven't been impressed with the subtlety of the BPV woosh in normal driving conditions; it's pretty cool when you're at WOT and getting into the higher RPMs, but between silent and underwhelming around town.

cliffhopper: I'd love to show you the car assuming things are sorted by then, though Costa Mesa will be out of the way of my drive home from Murrieta. Maybe we can find a place to meet that's more along the way, or meet up before then. I will probably make at least one trip to Laguna Hills.

Last edited by iPhoneEngineer; 07-18-2011 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0