07-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #47
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
iphone..... that noise is the belt, you can actually see the belt jumping off the pulley if you look closely..... Honestly you shouldnt be driving your car at all imo.............. thats putting ALOT of stress on the s/c bearings....

[...]

iphone your crank pulley will solve your issues, the s/c intake will need to be adjusted to ensure correct fitment.... lower engine mounts will not work for us, we'll lower the i/c piping to the point where we wont be able to fit under trays back on......................
iphone ANYTHING i can do to help, im here bro.....
OK, great to confirm that much at least. Checking out the video frame-by-frame, I don't see the belt "jumping off" persay, but it definitely whips with some resonation as it starts up. The belt should probably be replaced, as sure enough I found some tiny rubber shavings sprinkled on the S/C (loose black specs on bright silver makes them easy to see there).

At a minimum, I'm going to have to drive the car to San Diego to get it to the shop that Roman is sending me to sometime this week. It's going to be a real hassle getting a ride home and then back again to pick up the car, and be without it for at least 1, maybe 2+ days...but I am extremely thankful that Roman has, from the beginning, rushed towards fixing up the install.

The main thing I'm wondering at this point is if there is any way I can increase the belt tension temporarily (I'm not sure where the tensioner pulley is or how hard it is to access without having the undercover off), if only for the ~45 minute drive to San Diego.
Appreciate 0