Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si

BT Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
My dealer read mine for free.
My dealer read mine for free and gave me the wrong number! They read it on the computer (supposedly) and gave me an 8 digit number.
I didn't realize until I tried to link my phone that it wasn't right.

Skuronen (above) and one other person suggested going through the speaker grill behind the drivers seat and I just did that and it WORKS! lol
With the grill off there is a very small opening on the right side (when facing the speaker opening) where you can see the TCU label which is most likely partially blocked from view by some harnesses. I covered a long screwdriver with heat shrink to eliminate any sharp edges and conductive metal and was able to push the harness aside and get the number. Phone is working! You will know when you are in the area when you see the Bluetooth logo and/or the letters PK which are just before your 4 digit code.
Many thanks to the guys who discovered this route!
If anyone wants to send me a note I can reply with photos.
The grill comes out with gentle prying with a plastic wedge of some sort. btw....this is the very large grill that has to come out! NOT the tweeter.
All the best.....
david

David
2008 Z4C 3.0si
Black on black
Sport/premium
6 speed

Last edited by greenspire; 04-06-2012 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Updates for finding bluetooth code through speaker cavity.
Appreciate 0