View Single Post
      04-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #48
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
BMWCCA was first one I researched for joining a club/going to driving schools this week. I was really disappointed to read that there are no verts allowed. I'd of liked to stayed with the BMW "family" thinking that the group would be better for getting more insight in particular to my car. I did look at all the SCCA info back in Dec, seems the broomstick test is used and I'm 6' tall, have my seat at the lowest setting and not sure I'd make it with a helmet. CHIN came highly recommended from Pete Fasotas who contacted me about buying my 240Z ( I put it in the classifieds on here last week ). He lives near me and is an instructor. DC do you know him ?
No, I don't believe I know Pete. You and I are about the same height and I've run in most of the SCCA PDX's so I don't think you'll have any issue. I've never yet seen them do the broomstick test for anyone that was "normal" height. If you get checked at an event and it's close you can move the seat forward and incline the seat back a bit to get lower in the car. Most people have their seat too far back anyway and have to move it forward to have the right distance from the pedals. Usually the very first thing the instructor has a student adjust.