View Single Post
      11-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krannerd View Post
Can I stick with summer tires all year long?

If I opt for all season tires that are non-RFT...I'll still notice performance and comfort gains, right?

Well, all seasons don't even exist here in Germany. That's how much they are appreciated by the same people who designed your car.

Runflats have a bad reputation for ride quality and expense. As far as grip goes they're not bad. I would think the average all-season would be a step down in performance (jack of all trades...master of none). Because where you live is ultra hot, you may want to look at some of the slightly harder compound summer tires, such as in the Ultra High Performance category (as opposed to Max Performance or Extreme Performance). Something with a good tread life rating. Look at the Bridgestone RE760 Sport, Dunlop Direzza DZ101, and the Yokohama S.Drive. They'll save you some money too, but won't last as long. That's not a bad thing...