12-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #20
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist View Post
A muffler delete is exactly that. Removing the stock muffler and putting in two straight pipes. I had a muffler delete on my old car and it is not the loudest by far. RPi's would be louder in my opinion from watching youtube videos/experience. A muffler delete would run you about $150 max at a exhaust shop, while RPi's are $800 uninstalled. A muffler delete is a very cheap way to get a great sound out of the engine because these BMW engines sound amazing on their own.

Here are two videos.

Muffler Delete:
That's my car

Yes it sounds raspy from the video, but that's because it's not completely warm. It also sounds WAY different in person. When it's cold the idle is pretty loud and the rasp comes above 4.5k RPM. When it's warm, zero rasp.

An exhaust system like this isn't for everyone however. It has a lot of drone and could get annoying on highway cruising. Personally, I don't mind any of that. I absolutely love my exhaust and will do this all over again (which I have to because of a ticket I recently got for my exhaust lol).

Got a pair of eBay staggered tips and paid $100 for installation and pocketed the $700 I could've spent on RPI.
Appreciate 0